|The History of Code Felt|
Code Felt Ltd. began operations in 1876 when Mr. Thomas A. Code set up a small shop in Perth, Ontario, Canada, for the purpose of carding wool.
In 1900, Mr. T. Code purchased the factory at the corner of Rogers Road and Harvey Street and started the production of pressed wool felts. In 1906, as the business was growing, Mr. Code built an addition on Herriott Street where colored felt was produced. To this day, the plant on Herriott Street is still in operation manufacturing pressed wool felts.
Today the company is renowned for the quality of pressed wool felts it produces for various industries. The colored felt manufactured at Code Felt is used in numerous industries like display, craft, toys and cresting. The other major lines of pressed wool felts manufactured by Code Felt, such as cushion and specification felts, find their way into shoe, automotive, orthopedic and apparel industries, just to name a few.